We are accomplishing our mission through a two-pronged approach: strengthening early childhood education and building a movement. We have brought together thousands of Vermonters who are calling for change as well as making the change in their local communities.
This is a multi-year mission and we’ve spent the last several years together:
- Inspiring Vermont and national philanthropists to invest in positive, lasting change for Vermont's children and families
- Raising public awareness about the importance of early childhood development
- Shoring up critically underfunded elements of Vermont’s child care system
- Developing cross-sector partnerships
- Building public will for policy change
- Identifying and implementing best practices, policies and funding mechanisms that can be replicated
- Elevating the voices of Vermont’s children, their families and early educators
STRENGTHENING EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
We’re building care. Our programs team of early childhood education experts provides a variety of services to early educators and other community stakeholders, offering customized technical assistance on programmatic and business practices, Vermont-specific resources and grants.
We’re innovating change. Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) is collaborating with business, education and health care leaders, elected officials and local communities to build a sustainable high-quality child care system in Vermont.
We’re planning for the long-term. By 2025, our policy and programs teams will have ensured that our partners are strong and in position to carry on critical roles to maintain a high-quality, affordable child care system.
BUILDING A MOVEMENT
LGK is 30,000 Vermonters strong and growing every day because of our dedicated volunteers (our Action Heroes) who take strategic action steps in all regions of the state:
- Walking door-to-door to talk with their neighbors
- Speaking and tabling at community events
- Hosting legislative meet-and-greets
- Writing op/eds and letters-to-the-editor
- Hosting rallies
- Engaging community leaders
Through the hard work and grit of these Action Heroes—including parents, early educators, business and health care leaders—LGK has grown from a small public awareness campaign to a statewide movement and a powerful force for change. Together, we are persuading decision-makers to prioritize Vermont’s youngest children. Find out more about our 2019 legislative action agenda here.