This site is owned and operated by Let’s Grow Kids (LGK). Your privacy on the internet is of the utmost importance to us. At LGK, we want to make your experience on our website satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE GATHER
LGK gathers two types of information about users:
- Voluntary Submissions: Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These include story submissions, email sign-ups, filling out our Petition form, training and event sign-ups, and other forms on the website; and
- Usage Tracking: Information LGK gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout the sites. This information allows us to better tailor content to readers' needs.
HOW WE GATHER INFORMATION
LGK may gather user information using the following processes:
- Emails: We offer free emails with educational content, breaking news, and volunteer opportunities to users who sign up to receive our emails or provide their email address when they sign our Petition. LGK gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe in these ways. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every email that points users to the subscription management page.
WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE GATHER
LGK uses any information we gather to enhance user experience on the site and to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. We use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out emails for educational and engagement purposes and to keep users informed about the organization. We may also use your information to further support LGK’s program and charitable purposes. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of the site users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas, we do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE
LGK uses the above-described information to tailor content to suit your needs. We will also share your information with nonprofit partners and third-parties to comply with applicable law or valid legal process, inform our own advertising efforts or those of a nonprofit organization with similar purposes, to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or support LGK’s purposes.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our emails.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.