Apr 28, 2020
Child Care During COVID-19 And How It's Changing
Jane Lindholm and Emily Aiken
Click here to listen to the recording of this episode on Vermont Edition.
On March 27, Gov. Scott issued an executive order extending the closure of child care programs for non-essential workers until further notice. This hour, we talk to child care directors whose programs are open amidst COVID-19, hear about what’s being done to help families get the child care they need and talk about what guidance the state is putting out for these programs.
Our guests are:
- Steven Berbeco, deputy commissioner of the Department for Children and Families
- Aly Richards, CEO of Let's Grow Kids, a nonprofit child care advocacy organization working with the state to connect essential workers with emergency child care
- Lola Duffort, education reporter for VT Digger
- Nicole Walker, director of AppleTree Learning Centers
- Mandy Chesley-Park, director of Expanded Learning Programs at Mount Abraham Unified School District and oversees MAUSD Essential Persons' Childcare
WrittenApr 28, 2020
by Jane Lindholm and Emily Aiken
Read time1 min read
More Statewide Posts